Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Book Review: Strange Bodies by Marcel Theroux

This book was sent to me as a 'prize' (3rd place in a poetry competition), I picked it from the to-be-read basket when I needed to be reading a book that would take my mind of some stressful issues in daily life ... don't tell me you don't have such times!  Strange Bodies came to my rescue. Here's a synopsis of the story 
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/may/24/strange-bodies-marcel-theroux-review

All I can add is that, very unexpectedly, I found myself really enjoying Theroux's well crafted and, as the title suggests, very, very strange story. It has an authentic account of domestic and academic life and the literary texture that overlies those lives and the new life that overtakes Nicholas adds interest, but never detracts, from the overarching narrative. 

Verdict: a very good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment