I found a great set of tutorials to help with eco dying, see https://wendyfe.wordpress.com/tutorial-leaf-monoprinting-by-cassandra-tondro/. I followed most of the instructions given, but also used the remainder of the Logwood and Persian Berry dyes as a bath for some of my stacked and wrapped papers.
The big hit was poppy heads, with bay leaves coming a close second in terms of subtle colours and interesting shapes. Most of what's shown in these photos is paper, pre-soacked in an alum bath ... next task is to try the poppy flowers - the bank behind the house is covered with them, and bay leaves from our very large tree, on some fabric.
|the beginning of a quilt.|
|this may become a curtain!!!!|
for my stitch a line a day project today's thread was red (left over from sewing the binding on a quilt) and today's stitch was running stitch,
my yoga socks are finished ...
and I've been chain stitching ... the motif on the old piece of lace just seemed to call out for this stitch to be added, even though I've used it on this piece before ... some things are so good you do them more than once!!!