Friday, September 6, 2013

The importance of place

At last I am at home again, this time in England, after a week at a conference in Prague and few days relaxing with family in the Brecon Beacons, with days in between celebrating Anne’s 70th  birthday and family wedding anniversaries. 

Fortunately on my second visit to Prague I found places to like, away from the tourist sites –green parks, a quiet galleries and an iconic graveyard.  So I’ve came away from there with some good memories of a city that previously I found hard to like.very much.

In contrast, the Welsh mountains were, as always, were simply wonderful and especially so in the September sunshine. Spent one day wandering around Hay on Wye – my most favourite town and time in and out of bookshops is always the very best way of spending time.   No surprise that I have a fresh stock of books to read –found a couple by Barry Unsworth of Sacred Hunger fame ready for any future rainy days and cold evenings.

I’m going to blog next about the books I read while I was travelling …. a task on my list to do this morning but that was occupied with some internet laundry after a fake email from an old account and  some very real laundry after spilling cold tea over a white duvet cover –Ho Hum!!!

All fixed now, so I’m blogging in the sunshine after lots of rain –might go and pull weeds in my neglected garden to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment