Friday, May 23, 2014

Me and my to-do list

I'm writing this at the end of day that started with a very short to-do list ... my 2014 daily small stone, my gratefulmay entry and perhaps I'd start to draft a poem for the 52poems project I'm now firmly part of.

Hey ho, and I guess you know what you are about to read ... the day has flown, and I have also packed for my week at the Hay Festival, designed a poster to advertise the Quilting Exhibition (now coming up very soon indeed) and down countless other small things that I will not mention in the interests of not boring you silly!

This means today has been a typical day ... why do I ever think otherwise ... things to do always seem to arrive uninvited in my day!

Does this happen to you? Surely I can't be the only person to have a to do list with its own secret  agenda.

Just the plants to water, rubbish to put out, that poem to think a little more about ....  and then I'll read another chapter of my book, oh dear , who am I fooling.

I'll be back here after my annual immersion in all things literary and a few doses of border town wandering. If you can't find the small stones next week its not because they are not being written but because I am likely to be sans internet. Prepare for a bumper crop on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment