Wednesday, March 16, 2016

This time its a quilt shop block

 
Speedy block to make and good to use the bird fabric I've bought for another project!! The suggestion from the designer was to embroider the shop signs but I'm busy with other embroidery at the moment so I used some words from a selvedge (always worth saving those edgy pieces) and added gold foil to bring a touch of reality to the door and window.

I was rather impatient with the pressure sensitive glue so the foiling is a tad messy ... gives it an old building sort of look ... maybe? It really is better leaving it to dry overnight.

I've spent the rest of my morning sending some poems out into the world. Such a tiresome task but was motivated by two very recent acceptances. More new on these later.

No comments:

Post a Comment