Friday, March 11, 2016

Big and small news

Happy Friday everyone, especially so as I'm un-bandaged, un-booted and have enjoyed a walk in the March sunshine. Not stretching the scar too much on its first outing but oh, it was great to be out in the fresh air, on my feet once again.

The small news is that Block 8 is finished, new fabrics alongside some I've used in the other seven and now I'm wondering if there will be enough fabric for the next 92.



As with each block so far there I learnt something making this one: always read the instructions carefully because in this instance cutting the inner square to a certain size was key to achieving a 6.5 by 6.5 block!  Also discovered that, with great care, it's possible to unpick and redo even when you've trimmed the edges. 

Back here soon, maybe with pics of new fabric -a quilting exhibition and fabric shopping awaits tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment