Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One more letter

I’ve put a cold and wet day to good use today and hey, the E of Merry Christmas is ready for quilting. I played some more with the different stitches on my machine and have matched top thread colours from my stash. Goodness knows how old some of the reels of thread I have are … but there’s a great selection of colours and with wonderful bottom line thread in the bobbin everything is very well behaved. Ok its polyester, but it works, no more knots and broken threads.

P1040931

in my view life is too short for unpicking and for re cutting appliqué shapes that turn out to be the wrong way around!   So the candy stick is back to front –but would you have noticed if I hadn’t told you.  Lots of embroidery and some blingy buttons and ribbons to go on this block after it has been quilted

No comments:

Post a Comment