Saturday, December 28, 2013

2014 Book group reading list

Here's my book group reading for 2014, decisions made at out December meeting accompanied by very nice goodies and a little wine.

I'm really looking forward to reading the Alice Munro short stories and Maggie O'Farrell's novel and chatting about the Bennett and Lanchester. I've already read both those and I'm now searching for my copies .. no easy task as I'm never sure if they are at Enmatte or in Effingham!

Comments welcome, should I give any of these a miss!       

16-Jan    Lottie Moggach    Kiss me First
       
20-Feb    Alan Bennett    Uncommon Reader
       
20-Mar    Maggie O'Farrell    Instructions for a Heatwave
       
17-Apr    John Williams    The Stoner
       
15-May    Alice Munro    Dear Life
       
19-Jun    Dashiell Hammett    Maltese Falcon
       
17-Jul    John Lanchester    Capital
       
18-Sep    Jojo Moyes    Me before You
       
16-Oct    Jonathan Safran Foe    Extremely Hot and Incredibly close
       
20-Nov    Jean Giono    Man who Planted Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment