Monday, April 27, 2015

Rainy Day Happenings

Outside weather that turned itself on and off like a switch: inside the real kitchen, the one that we plan to keep as the kitchen, is taking shape.  The word is that the rest (and there's quite a lot of it)  is arriving at the weekend. Meanwhile we're choosing the granite for the worktops ... more decisions.







The base for the island looks as we planned it and behind it the oven, microwave and warming drawer, all presently in boxes in the family room just waiting to be installed.








And upstairs I've been free motion quilting (again) -practising stippling on purple silk birds and an oatmeal linen field  - looks better than it sounds, or at least I think so.



The wonderful smell of roasting pumpkin is wafting my way ... so lovely to have supper cooked for me and for me to cook for the foodies in the our family. I made fish pie and plum compote meringue nests last week when Tracey's Mum was here ... Debbie, her sister is now visiting and my friend Jen arrives on Friday. Jen and I off to Carcassonne for a few days next week ... more on that later.

Finally, congrats to Alabama who did so well yesterday at the dog show, coming home with a very posh cup.

Her puppies and I had a great Sunday together ...
upturned flower pots, sticky fly papers made the morning interesting ... not to mention the dead mouse.

Back soon, take care ...

No comments:

Post a Comment