Thursday, August 23, 2018

Briefly, a fig story

Yesterday was all about lots of beautiful and, somewhat overripe figs from our neighbours' tree becoming several pots of jam and a great accompaniment (glazed and roasted) to our supper.

Not forgetting that some have been frozen. On trays to begin with and then bagged for a real treat in the winter.

We're also eating them fresh, not quite as fast as we can but they are good to snack on when passing through the kitchen.

Paul says today is chutney day ... still a way to go before the tree is exhausted and we also have our own smaller figs ripening in this wonderful summer heat.


The end. Of the fig story. I'm sure you're pleased about that.

I'm off to quilt another fish ... only 7 more to do

and then I think I'll add some shadow lines and plants and leaves to the sashing. Photos later.


Enjoy your day. Let me know if you like fig jam. There's plenty here.


No comments:

Post a Comment