Saturday, December 15, 2018

How to dye muddy fields and pathways ...

 ... was the challenge I set myself on our last day in 2018 in the Institches Studio. Drop cloth and batching plastic and mark making tools were everywhere alongside thickened procion dyes and lots of white and previously dyed pieces of shrunk cotton fabric.

Pictures speak so much better than words for this. All these marks were made by brushing  dye onto different weights of plastic film, waiting for it to settle and gently pressing the upturned film onto the fabric.
















And I couldn't resist some more usual mark making tools, namely a credit card and bottle tops.



I'm sure I'll be able to use some of these fabrics for my Walking the London Loop project.








After all we've gone around in (lost) circles
many times, the whole walk is a loop and
there is often more than one suggestion about
which pathway we should take!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment