Friday, July 6, 2012

Projects at the finishing line

Wimbledon fortnight gives me the opportunity to watch some great tennis while sewing or knitting. I’ve been working on a cushion for James’ bed in his new room in France for some time now using a pattern he bought for me in Hawaii.
Now finished it’s a wonderful example of up-cycling  -fabric, beads and buttons from my stash, embroidery thread inherited from my Mum. I had fun quilting ‘the sea’ …so good not to have yards of fabric to roll up out of the way and to enjoy painting with the needle.
P1040732
P1040731
I’ve also finished the trapunto pin cushion started in a workshop at the Sandown Quilting Show.  This was so good to do really small … not sure about anything much bigger!



P1040724
There’s still the finals to go so maybe I’ll finish the Intarsia cushion cover I’ve been knitting for a very long time and perhaps even the quilted bag just started.

No comments:

Post a Comment