Tuesday, December 18, 2012

More about today ….

Fluerance market this morning and lots of log stacking this afternoon but in between looking at all the ‘work in progress’ in my sewing space was bugging me. So I adjusted the dials and loaded new thread onto the Juki and finished the first of my up cycled cushion covers.

P1040803P1040804

Being able to adjust the pressure foot meant the machine coped with six layers of fabric –the cover’s finished with a simple envelope closing and has made good use of fabric that might otherwise have never been used.

Back to all that work in progress now (or tomorrow maybe) and of course, some Christmas jobs. I now have the nuts to decorate the cake and most of the ingredients for a stollen. I’m going to try the local boulangerie for some fresh yeast this year;

There are wonderful cooking smells coming from the kitchen ….. another of Paul’s great suppers is on its way.  Back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment