Saturday, June 1, 2013

Welly socks: a first

In between walking away my back pain I've been knitting my first socks. I chose to knit a much longer leg than given in the pattern, hence welly socks, perfect for hiding my mistakes!  Which I must add, I give myself permission to make.

But I nearly ran out of yarn, so will need to be careful to check for this next time I adapt a sock pattern.
Could have done with more information on number of stitches at certain points, and the instructions for the Gusset were less than helpful … I had to get help from other places.
Now for the next pair, little socks for trainers this time.
Also posted on Ravelry with details of the yarn and pattern  ...http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mhammick/perfect-plain-sock
and, of course I've been doing lots of reading, resting on lots of pillows. Nicci French's Tuesday's Gone -a pacey, well plotted light read, another wonderful  William Boyd -Waiting for Sunset- he is a master story teller, and George Orwell's Burmese Days -a book group choice best described as a dreadful classic with very unlikable characters and a weak story. It'll be interesting to hear what the others thought at our meeting next week.
Also watched Argo -great movie and Anna Karenina -which was OK to pass the time but best to read the book.
Warmer today,  off now for some walking and thinking ... I need to work out a back friendly sewing position. There are several blocks of the Christmas Quilt queued up for applique work, and other stuff for the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment