Saturday, October 22, 2011

At the movies

Just returned from seeing Midnight in Paris … an unexpected bonus as Tinker, Tailor, Soldier. Spy was sold out. Woody Allan’s latest lived up to the reviews … wonderful music, stunning photography and some authentic cameo parts. I loved the way the slow burning thread of mindlessness took the viewer by the hand into the past, and then, inevitably, back to realty. Bought tickets for TTSS early show tomorrow … and will cook a very late lunch for S&A before we set off –this time we will see it. Apparently, its important to notice Smiley’s glasses.

Lots of work on my poetry today –sent a few out into the hard world of publishing and one to a competition.Also revised the first two I’d written for my course and have a draft for submission to the on-line workshop next week. The assignment was to write as if I was a musical instrument …  I decided to be an accordion and write about breathing. Needs work but at least its started.

No comments:

Post a Comment