Thursday, October 20, 2011

Regular service resumed … hopefully

I’ve been away from here for too long … no excuse, just reasons –work, family, school governor jobs, travel delays et al. 

Have now walked more of the Thames Path … another few miles planned next week and I will take the camera –we hope to reach Richmond.

My on-line poetry course is now into its fifth week, we’ve had two live classroom sessions work-shopping poems  -lots of useful feedback on my poems linked to music. So this weekend I have two poems to think about revising and one new draft where the task is to imagine myself as a musical instrument. I’m also continuing with Tamar Yoseloff’s monthly poetry seminars –always a great two hours and more feedback to think about … really liked the discussion we had this week about poems and punctuation. 

I’ve just about kept up with the quilting class work and now have 9 blocks to fit together –another weekend task. They don’t look very straight to me so some unpicking and re-cutting may be necessary.

Finally, supper tonight was to be roasted squash but the squash turned out to be a very sweet, ripe melon  -thought it looked a bit strange for a squash.

’ll be back again soon …

No comments:

Post a Comment