Saturday, December 10, 2011

writing practice

Started a beautiful new poetry notebook today from Running Press –the paper feels as though it will receive my words with kindness and attention. First of my practice writing small stones is in there

evening sky, clouds couched with sliver thread above a balcony of fading cerise

also thinking about a poem relating to the installations and art in the Turner Contemporary in Margate –so well curated, mixing words, video, sculpture, and  some early work by Turner with sketches by novice artists and of course, many that I have not heard of. It was great to visit with Bev and Andy with their knowledge and insights. The surroundings are not that special, Margate seemed a long way from anywhere else; on the edge –made me wonder if living on the edge of your country makes a difference – mmm

The ten stitch blanket is progressing –its a great tv project now I’ve mastered how to turn a short row corner and decided on the colour scheme.  Only tv I can’t knit through is The Killing –need to keep my eyes on those sub-titles..

No comments:

Post a Comment