Friday, March 25, 2016

Hot cross buns and a checkerboard block

My first attempt today at baking some gluten free hot cross buns, so I've followed the recipe exactly - variations with the second batch maybe. While  the dough spent time in the warming drawer I sewed    the next Splendid Sampler block -  domestic to-ing and fro-ing as it were.


 Good to find some fabrics in my french stash that blend with the overall colours I'm using ... less chance of finding I don't have enough when I get to block 95!!

I'll have to make a few more with these two but probably not another one with one inch squares.




And here are the 14 made so far ... suggestions for the colour of the between the blocks sashing are very welcome.


James has just arrived so our family is all here for a few days. We're celebrating Paul's birthday with Sunday lunch at a new to us restaurant ... apparently its always very busy so fingers crossed.

Off now to inspect the buns and make the paste for the crosses.


Happy Easter all.

No comments:

Post a Comment