Thursday, June 15, 2017

Walking and boats

Summer has come to my part of the UK, days just right for waking and exploring.

So briefly and in pictures Tuesday took us along the London Loop, from West Drayton to Harefield. Eleven miles of walking alongside the canal and river, with insects and birds, barges in use and in repair.

Our lunchtime entertainment at the boatyard 

Another hidden gem of a place amongst the city's light industry 

Wednesday was the first of the 2017 birthday treats family and friends have arranged for me. It was a blue sky day, perfect for a boat ride to Greenwich, a tour of the Cutty Sark, lunch and a climb to the Meridian. All perfectly arranged by my dear schoolfriend Rita. I'm feeling blessed. 


The conservation of this ship is fantastic -everything about it shines
My version of a selfie

Feasting on the east of London 


No comments:

Post a Comment